Saturday, December 6, 2014

Looks like we've made it


Well...you made it to my blog.  Now what?  First let's get to know each other...

I'm a father of a one year old girl living in Dayton, Ohio.  My wife and I have been married for a little over four years and have lived in Dayton our entire marriage.  I'm originally from Cleveland, OH and that fact alone colors my views on every sports related topic.

I work for the US Air Force as a civilian employee at Wright Patterson Air Force Base.

I got the idea to start a blog from Idaho Dad who had a post about starting a dad blog and how to name it.  Which leads me to the explanation of the name of this blog.  "The one constant through all the years" is the  most important (but not the most famous) line from James Earl Jones's monologue in Field of Dreams.  People flock to the "People will come, Ray" line from this speech, but the line that connects this speech to rest of the movie is the namesake for this blog.  Maybe Probably Definitely, I will write a post about this movie, what it means to me, and how I think it and baseball relate to fatherhood and life in general.  That's for another time...

I don't have grand plans for this space - though I do plan on blogging about a lot of subjects.  There's a lot I am interested in: baseball, politics, international relations, football, hockey, etc.  I will write about all of those things at some point or another.  I've yet to find anyone who is also interested in all those things so I guess bear with me.

So hopefully you stick with me, or maybe you are just finding this years from now.  If that's the case, welcome and let me know in the comments what the future is like...I'm genuinely curious.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is awesome! Glad you started a blog. If you want any advice, there's a great Facebook group called Dad Bloggers. You can find out anything about anything involving dad blogging.

    ReplyDelete